10.19.12 | Scholarship Search Engine
Student Scholarship Search has recently been relaunched!! The new and improved website offers students an open search tool (no registration required), custom lists of scholarships along with articles and blogs with useful advice for students, parents and administrators.
Please spread the word. Add a link from your website to: http://www.studentscholarshipsearch.com
One of my favorite resources is the free scholarship search ebook. Download (link: http://www.studentscholarshipsearch.com/ebook/) this useful resource with tips and advice on how best to find scholarships using the internet.
If you have edits or ideas for improving the site, click on the feedback button along the side of the web page.
Add your comments below!
05.09.12 | Skipping class costs how much!?
Fall is a time when graduating Seniors are buzzing about getting their letters of recommendation for college ready, or their college admissions essays edited for upcoming application deadlines. What about younger students? What are they doing to prepare for college applications? (more…)
Calling all ScholarshipPoints members! The $10,000 scholarship winner has just been posted on the winner’s page, so head on over to ScholarshipPoints.com to see if you’re the lucky student who’s won! Don’t forget, if the winner doesn’t claim the prize within 3 days, a new winner will be drawn!
For those of you who haven’t heard, ScholarshipPoints.com is a program developed to give back to students and help with rising education costs. They give away thousands of dollars each year through monthly scholarship drawings, and they even give away a whopping $10,000 to one lucky student quarterly! It’s free to join and easy to use. Just sign up, earn points by completing activities, then enter those points into drawings for scholarships! You can even enter the HowToGetIn Sponsored drawing
Not a ScholarshipPoints member? Join now and start earning scholarship points!
04.26.11 | Get ready to get scholarships!
As the end of the year winds down, applying for scholarships might not be on everyone’s mind, but they should be! For students who are serious about finding scholarships, this is a great time of year apply. While other students may have caught senioritis, staying in the scholarship loop late into the year could pay off big. (more…)
03.31.11 | Financial Aid Discussions and Forums
So now most of you are getting your acceptance letters and your financial aid award letters. Hopefully, it is good news all around. However, if you have questions about financial aid and how you are going to pay that hefty tuition bill, here are some resources:
- Financial Aid Forums - Discuss all things financial aid!
- Search for Scholarships -Search for college scholarships, awards and grants.
- Federal Student Loans - A great overview of you federal student loan options and generally all ways to pay for college.
- Private Student Loans - Find, compare and apply for private student loans.
Let us know if you find other useful websites...
03.17.11 | Hey Students, Need Scholarships?
ScholarshipPoints.com just announced the winner of the March $10,000 Free Scholarship sponsored by HowToGetIn (Read more about HowToGetIn’s Annual Scholarships). Paolina Engibegian from Glendale Community College was the lucky winner! HowToGetIn’s next sponsored scholarship is the October $1,000 free scholarship, and students can enter starting October 1, 2011 (the winner will be drawn on November 1). There will be another $10,000 scholarship drawing on ScholarshipPoints on June 15, 2011. To sign up to win visit our page on “How to win scholarships.”
College scholarship money is abundant, but you have to work hard to get your share. Many scholarships require that you submit a scholarship essay on a topic relevant to the foundation or organization providing the cash. January, once your applications are off, it is good time to start writing those essays and spending some of your time off from school searching for scholarships and plowing through the essays that have been put off throughout the fall.
Time and effort are certainly required to write a successful scholarship essay. Here are quick tips that will lead you in the right direction and make sure you write a great essay in a reasonable amount of time:
* When it comes to developing a topic, think outside of the box . Unique essays will shine in a large pool of applicants.
* Use all of the writing skills you have learned in high school. It is important to treat every essay like a piece of writing you would turn in for English class. Use every writing tip you have learned from having a strong theme to proper sentence construction.
* Give a scholarship essay the same attention you would give a college admission essay. This essay will not determine whether or not you get into college, but it could certainly help you pay for your education.
* Proofread and spell-check your work! Spelling and grammar mistakes can lead a scholarship committee to immediately dismissing your essay as a contender.
* Have a parent or friend give it a second look. It never hurts to have another person take a look at something you have written. It is easy to miss small mistakes that someone else could have picked up on.
If you follow all of these steps you should have a piece of work you can be really proud of turning in. It may seem like a lot of work, but every scholarship you apply for will bring you one step close to paying for college with scholarships!!
11.18.10 | Want to win $10,000?
Edvisors online education company is giving away a final $10,000 scholarship in 2010 on December 15th through their free scholarship rewards program, ScholarshipPoints. This final drawing will make the total amount awarded in 2010 over $115,000!
ScholarshipPoints has been committed to defraying the cost of college since 2006, when it first gave away just $7000 in scholarships to students in need of financial assistance. With over 1.3 million members, ScholarshipPoints is now the fastest growing college scholarships rewards program. In addition to the $10,000 scholarship drawings, the ScholarshipPoints program has a number of $500, $1000, and $2,500 scholarship each month.
To enter the December 15th $10,000 Scholarship drawing and become a member, visit www.ScholarshipPoints.com.